I wanted to finish up with being thankful for my friends and community. Kevin and I feel family, friends, community are so important in our daily lives. We are so thankful for the people God has put in our lives to hold us accountable and enjoy life with.
Here are a few of my friends that I am so so thankful for. Without them I would be lost!
Jennifer W: We have been friends since we were 4 years old. Actually at the young age of 4 we didn't really like each other. But when God placed us in the same first grade class, we clicked and have been best friends since. We are so different and our moms never quite understood how we managed to end up being so inseparable. She was very girly and into boys, shopping, indoor games, etc. I was the tomboy. I loved sports, being outside, camping, etc. You get the idea! But now almost 28 years later we have more in common than ever. Mommyhood! We talk almost everyday and share all kinds of helpful hints with each other. Discipline, recipes, organizing tips, daily struggles, and more. I'm so thankful for her friendship!
Kaitlin T: We met in small group a few years ago and God has really deepened our relationship since. We did so much with her and her husband when we lived in ATL. They were such a fun couple to spend time with many nights a week! Lots of dinners together! When we moved to FL I was so afraid the distance would interrupt that bond some. But God has only brought Kaitlin and I closer. We both have gone through some stuff the past year that we were able to talk to each other about and seek advice and prayer from each other about. I'm thankful for her constant willingness to hear me out and give me advice where needed or just listen if that's all I really need.
Lauren L: We started out as NICU buddies working together. Now she is so much more than a co-worker. She is like a sister. We can always pick up where we left off no matter how much time has passed since our last chat. Ayda absolutely adores "Aunt Lauren" as well. She is fun to hang out with or share crazy stories with. She was with me when I was in labor with Ayda and she was such a support during and after her birth. She helps me see things in perspective when I am losing it and is not afraid to tell me to get a grip! I am so thankful for her honesty, love, and constant friendship!
Taunya F: Taunya was really my first close friend down in FL. Her son, Easton, is a month younger than Ayda and they LOVE playing with each other. We met in MOPS last year and I am so thankful we did. We are now in the same Life Group at church and have many playdates with the kids. She is great to talk to and also share parenting tips with. She is so so sweet and I am so thankful she is part of our life.
I could go on and on and on about the many friends God has blessed me with. Our Life Group is amazing and I love meeting with them every week. Everyone is so wonderful and I am so thankful for those relationships. Our church family is wonderful and so supportive as well! When I stop and look around I realize how truly blessed we are with relationships. If Kevin and I ever needed anything we know we have support here in FL but also a family of friends in ATL that still love us and would be there for us! What a blessing!
As Thanksgiving came and went last week I did a lot of thinking about all of this. I also reflect this time of year on the past 12 months and love seeing all that God has done in my life and our family's life. I know each relationship is a blessing and gift from Him. I find it so hard to find the words to say thank you to Him but I know that in treasuring these relationships it is what He wants to see. I am so grateful for ALL He has done!
Happy Thanksgiving (a week late!)
No comments:
Post a Comment