Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

Ayda and I packed up the friday before Thanksgiving and headed north to Birmingham Al. I had been a doula for a birth that Wednesday night before and was still feeling a little sluggish but nothing was going to stop us. Of course Friday morning I went in to get Ayda out of bed and she sounds terrible! I called my friend, Jennifer, at 6AM (She was on her way to work) to make sure it was ok if we still came. She said come on! So we did! Eight and a half hours later we arrived! We spent Friday afternoon with my brother's crew. We went to the playground and dinner. Even though Ayda felt rotten, she still had fun playing with her cousins. Then we headed to Jen's house for a weekend of fun! Turned out her son (two months older than Ayda) was also getting a cold of some sort so we basically spent the weekend tending to our sick babies. Her 4 month old had it by Saturday as well. We wiped lots of snotty noses, washed our hands a lot and used clorox wipes several times. The kids still managed to have a ton of fun and it Jen and I loved seeing them playing together.

We managed to go out of the house a couple times. One of our outings was to Samford University where we both graduated from. It was so surreal being there with our three kids and one more on the way. It's only been 5 years since we graduated!!! Nathan and Ayda loved running around the quad playing. If you had asked me when I graduated if I thought I would be back on campus 5 years later with my 2 year old and be 5 1/2 months pregnant with our 2nd baby, I would have laugh hysterically! But God is good!
Sweet baby Andrew! He loved watching the big kids run around and play. Perhaps we'll make this an annual trip! Next year he'll be keeping up with them and our little one will be watching it all go by!

We headed to ATL on Monday to begin a week at my mom's house. On Thanksgiving morning we ran/walked (boys ran/girls walked) in the Gobble Jog 5K race. It was very fun and I really enjoyed the exercise. The rest of Thanksgiving was spent relaxing and waiting for my brother's family to arrive. On Friday we SHOPPED...nough said!
On Saturday we had our Thanksgiving. We started at iHOP for breakfast and then headed to Lennox mall to ride the Macy's Pink Pig. The kids had a blast!!! Then we headed home to start cooking our feast!

Ayda enjoying the yummy food! Kevin fried the turkey this year and it was amazing!! I have already requested he do another one for Christmas.

I love this picture of my grandmother with her great grandbabies. I jumped in there to get my belly in there. ha!

It was a great Thanksgiving week with family and friends!

No comments: