Today I am thankful for the family God has blessed me with.
Kevin: My best friend, supporter, love of my life. He has grown so much this past year as he opened his practice and I could not be more proud of him. I watch him go to work everyday with the goal of helping people get well and the excitement of doing what he loves. He puts in long hours but still has time to come home and spend time with Ayda and I. I'm so thankful for all he does for our family and the love we have for each other!
Ayda: I'm not sure I can even put words to describe what I feel for my baby girl. She brings me so much joy everyday. I love watching her grow and learn new things. She has the best personality and loves life. I have learned so much about myself by being her mommy. And I am beyond thankful that I can stay home with her everyday and be part of all that she is learning and doing.
My Parents: My mom and step dad are such great supporters and encouragers of us. Mom is there at a drop of a hat if I need her...even down in FL. She lights up when Ayda is around and I love watching that relationship. Jim is there for whatever we need as well. We are so thankful to have them!
My dad and step mom, though much further away, are always willing to listen to me ramble about how we are doing or run something by them. I don't have to hear my dad say he's proud of me, I see it in his eyes when I am with him. They both adore Ayda and again I love that! When we do see them it doesn't take long for her to pick back up and love being with them.
Kevin's Parents: We are SO thankful for them. We moved into their house a little over a year ago and are still living there now. They have opened their doors lovingly to us and I cannot thank them enough. They have helped us so much as Kevin has opened his office doors. His dad has helped him make business decisions and they have been such a support to us as we made this huge transition. I have loved getting to know my in-laws better and can honestly say "I love my in-laws".
Siblings: Between Kevin and I, we have lots of siblings, nieces and nephews. Unfortunately we don't live near any of them except his brother. But when we are able to spend time with the others it is wonderful. All our nieces and nephews are amazing and have such precious personalities. We are so thankful for all of them. We live with Kevin's brother, George, so I definitely know him quite well. He is a great guy and I love that Ayda has an uncle that adores her and she adores him. I adored my Uncle Andy growing up so much. I loved going to his house or spending any amount of time with him. He made me laugh and feel so special. And I see that with George and Ayda. She sees a Honda CRV on the road and yells out "Gorgi's car!". He heads off to college in January and the house will not be the same at all. We will miss him!!!
As I write this I am again reminded of how important family is. They are with us throughout our days and weeks. I absolutely love the little family I have of Kevin, Ayda, and baby Lin. But I am also so thankful for our extended family. Thank you Lord for the blessing of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment