I have to say this was one of my favorite Christmas' in a very long time! To be able to spend the Christmas season teaching Ayda why we are celebrating and hearing her talk about Jesus and sing happy birthday to him was so sweet. I didn't want to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what society has made Christmas and lose sight of why we were celebrating. We shopped for children in our area that are less fortunate and talked about why we were getting them presents. We read books about Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas. We sang songs about Him. It was just neat to see her little brain take in the season. Christmas this year was truly more than just December 25 for me. It was the season and it really made me remember Christ's birth and the blessings we have in our life.

Ayda Christmas morning!

Kevin's family went in together to buy her a huge playhouse/garden. And I think it is safe to say she LOVES it! It is still residing in our family room because it is too cold outside and it will break her heart if she can't play with it. She spent most of Christmas morning playing in there!
A book from my dad, step mom, sister and brother. My dad and Step mom took turns reading the pages to her (it is recorded). It is so neat to have their voices reading to her from so far away. Made this emotional pregnant momma a little teary eyed!
Kevin's dad bought her a set of golf clubs! They are so tiny and cute...and pink!!!! She asks pretty often for a golf ball so she can hit it. She hits the ball and then say "oh, nice!". She is definitely a golfer in the making!!
Kevin's family went in together to buy her a huge playhouse/garden. And I think it is safe to say she LOVES it! It is still residing in our family room because it is too cold outside and it will break her heart if she can't play with it. She spent most of Christmas morning playing in there!
A book from my dad, step mom, sister and brother. My dad and Step mom took turns reading the pages to her (it is recorded). It is so neat to have their voices reading to her from so far away. Made this emotional pregnant momma a little teary eyed!
Kevin's dad bought her a set of golf clubs! They are so tiny and cute...and pink!!!! She asks pretty often for a golf ball so she can hit it. She hits the ball and then say "oh, nice!". She is definitely a golfer in the making!!
Our Christmas was so wonderful. We started with a big family breakfast, then did presents, and then just enjoyed each other's company. We played games, watched movies, and took naps. It was nice to just be lazy! And of course Ayda and I LOVED having Kevin home for 4 full days! I always miss my family since we don't travel to ATL at Christmas but I'm always thankful for the family God has blessed me with here too.
Now I am anxious for the New Year to arrive! We have close friends from ATL coming down for the weekend and Thursday cannot get here fast enough! I plan to post my thoughts about 2010 in a few days. I know one thing I am SOOOOO excited about in 2011 though! I cannot wait to meet our precious new addition! Only 3 more months!
No comments:
Post a Comment