Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and a Developmental Burst!

We have had quite a week to say the least. No pics because I am not home yet to upload them. I will have tons though when I get there! For now a recap of our rather busy and exciting week. We got to Atlanta November 19th. It has been wonderful to see friends and catch up. My family all made it to Atlanta Thursday which began the circus at my mom's house. Four kids under the age of 5, 6 adults, 2 black labs, and a cat made this house seem a little snug! There were kids, toys, clothes, diapers, food, little shoes, big shoes and more scattered everywhere. We enjoyed our big shopping day on Friday. Tradition still stands. I will say not being 9 months pregnant this year made it much easier and more pleasurable, even at 4AM. The best part...I am pretty much all done with shopping for everyone! Friday night we all managed to hold our eyes open and our mouths full and enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious! Saturday started out with a bang as I made Ayda's birthday cake (with the help of my SIL Allison). It turned out absolutely adorable and I cannot wait to post the pics. Then we headed to the park for Ayda's one year old pictures by Allison. We had a blast capturing her goofy faces and fun personality. Then we came home in time for lunch where we stuffed ourselves again, cleaned up and had a big birthday party! Ayda loved opening her presents and had even more fun eating the cake (which I paid for later when she didn't go to bed till 10pm)!!! All in all it was a wild but amazingly fun weekend! It was awesome to spend so much time with my brother's family. Ayda loved playing with her cousins!!
And as for the developmental burst...well Ayda has taken off! In the past week she has started pointing to her nose when asked where it is, signing "please', "more" and "all done", and blowing kisses (my favorite)! She is also saying "uh oh" any time she drops something! It is so neat to watch her figure something out each day and communicate with us better. Much less frustrating for her for sure!! I also think we are working on two more teeth...because 10 on her first birthday is simply not enough! AHHH!!!! Where did my baby go?!?! Well that is all for now! The blog was calling me for an update of some sort. Check back soon for pictures of all these festivities!

1 comment:

Anna said...

yeah! cant wait to see ALL the pictures!