Tonight was quite a night with Ayda. I'll leave some details out for your sake but I did manage to capture a few pictures that show the details I will share. I have been making Ayda's baby food since she took her first bite of it. I love knowing exactly what is going in her mouth and system. So when cooking day comes I don't mind at all using her long afternoon nap to make pureed sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, carrots, edamame, etc. Today I decided to try out some new recipes. The smell in the kitchen was amazing and I could not wait to feed her dinner. Full of colors and flavor. So at 630 we sat down to eat and it all left my control from there. She decided she would much rather play with the food that i worked all afternoon to prepare than eat it. All the good smelling flavorful food was everywhere. It was most definitely straight to the bath after dinner. And I ended up eating most of her dinner tonight. I suppose we shall try again tomorrow. She didn't completely turn up her nose at it so maybe she just wasn't hungry. That's what I am telling myself at least!
And after dinner, I caught Ayda digging through her high chair (I had not had a chance to clean it out yet) eating cheerios from it. So on a clean spot on the floor I gave her a handful (since she didn't eat much dinner) of fresh cheerios. And about five minutes later I looked over to see what she was doing and she was laying on the ground eating her snack. She was happy!
I find myself asking so often if I really have an 11 month old. She does so many things that make me think she is older but she's not! Sigh!
1 comment:
the "cheese" face must be genetic! :-)
i love you,
al
Post a Comment