Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stuff on my mind!

I feel like this week has been a week full stuff on my mind. My poor friend, Kaitlin, asked yesterday how I was doing and boy she got an ear full! With a 2 year old that loves to talk it is difficult to complete one thought though so perhaps that is why things are lingering. Don't get me wrong, I love that Ayda has so much to say. She keeps things quite entertaining.

As we are rapidly approaching our due date I am beginning to think of ways to get Ayda ready. She has no clue what is about to happen. Well I take that back...I think she senses something is going on and about to change but she does not know what that is. We talk about the baby and she kisses my tummy all the time. But I don't think she fully realizes that Mommy will not be able to meet her every need the minute she wants it. I'm praying for a smooth transition for her and I'm sure she will do great. She loves to help me around the house with little tasks and she loves babies. The realization that during the day it will be 2 on 1 is sometimes overwhelming. Hopefully we'll fall into a routine quickly and be just fine!

Also I have my brother and SIL on my mind. They just got home from Africa where they met their newest member of the family. It sounds like their trip was amazing and I am full of joy as I hear the stories. I left a piece of my heart in Africa when I went several years ago for a couple months. So of course I am so very excited to have a nephew from Ethiopia. I am in love. It has been such a long and tough journey for them as they have followed God on this path. My heart is full of joy and excitement but also there is heartache in there as well for them. Anyway they found out while they were there this past week that there was missing paperwork so they cannot legally call Micah theirs yet. Hopefully in a few weeks. But we are all so ready to have him home so a couple more weeks seems too long. I know that God has a purpose and plan in all this. He has made that very clear. There are a few things that just makes him theirs. Such a good match for their family. He was born in Ethiopia and just met his parents this week but has a few traits about him that all I could say is...he's a Lewis!

Kevin and I are also making some changes around here. We have read some really good books lately that have changed the way we think and want to live life. There are still somethings in the air but for the most part we are on a neat path right now. There are things that will certainly challenge me as an introvert and as someone who doubts herself a good bit. So I am processing those each day and striving to keep up! And keeping up with some of this at the same time my energy is dwindling daily is a challenge. Staying motivated is on my mind daily. Fortunately my sweet husband is a huge help when he is home and I am just pooped.

Lastly, I decided to make my blog public again. Their will more posts like these where I just share some thoughts and of course posts about Ayda and the new baby when he/she arrives. I basically don't want to feel like I have to upload pics and such to Facebook and this blog. I doubt I'll have time to do both and I'd rather stuff be on here! It's the closest thing to scrapbooking I have left!

That's it for now. I am off to try to go for a walk. I usually don't make it far these days because of the Sciatic in my back. I am so excited to soon be able to really work out again! I miss it so much!

No comments: