Saturday, February 26, 2011

"School Fun!"

A few weeks ago Kevin and I decided that I needed to work with Ayda more on her learning. I was doing the teach throughout the day method and was getting no where. Ayda is apparently the personality that needs me sit down with her one on one and teach. She is so busy and active that teaching throughout the day did not hold her attention well enough. So we started having "school" every morning after breakfast. She knows the routine and is always excited to sit down and work on words, letters, and numbers. We usually make it about 30 minutes which is pretty good for a two year old. I am loving seeing her progress now that we have started doing it this way. She can read about 12 words! The letters are coming along nicely as are her numbers. She cracks us up though because her favorite number is apparently 7 so when we ask her to count something she always starts with 7. She usually goes from 7 to 13...who needs the first 6 numbers right? We are working diligently on those and I do believe she knows them (she counted to 9 today with Kevin correctly), she just likes to start with 7. Funny kid!!!


Whenever we mention School and usually pipes in with "School fun!" I love it!!!

No comments: