
I'm definitely getting there with the packing. Last Thursday some sweet and amazing friends came and helped with the garage and kitchen. The 2 places in our house that were simply haunting me. So since then I've tried to pack at least 2 boxes a day. I have two little people here that have a huge role in if that goal is accomplished but so far we are doing ok. We are 4 days away from leaving.
My emotions are torn. We have absolutely incredible friends here. I feel like I've known them much longer than 11 months. We've watched each others kids, double or triple dated, had awesome GNOs, hung out, shared parenting and health tips, and just did life together. I'm dreading saying good bye to them.
I'm also dreading leaving our community at the YMCA. I've never felt more comfortable leaving my babies with anyone. The ladies who work in the child development center are irreplaceable. Ms. Patti is so special and my kids love her. Thursday will be my last work out day and I am dreading it.
Ayda's last day of school is Friday. My stomach turns knowing she has to leave another school she loves. She loves her classmates and teacher. Ms Courtney really helped Ayda (and me) transition into her new school. She's learned so much from Ms Courtney. It'll be a tough good bye.
But...a lot awaits us in FL. One of the biggest and most important is Kevin!! I cannot fully express how tough the last 6 weeks have been. We balance each other out, especially in parenting. And our girls need him. That's been so obvious in this time away. They adore him. So I cannot wait to be together as a family again.
I'm sure we'll meet new friends, though I say I'm not making any! I don't want to get attached again! Haha!!
Ayda's head of school and teacher have both been in contact with me and already made me feel so welcome. I feel so good about her school. Her teacher is so sweet.
So new things lie ahead...I just have to make it through the good byes. And in the meantime, I'm packing, wrapping Christmas presents, playing with my kids, getting any time I can with friends, and making phone calls to cancel services here. And while I was on the phone today here is what my ill munchkin was up to...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment