Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Spoons and a Pink Pig

My mom has a small collection of spoons from around the country. When I was in high school I loved bringing a spoon back from wherever I had been. She also has some from other places she has visited. Well apparently Ayda has a liking for collector spoons as well. Several times while we were at my mom's I would catch her on the landing of the stairs just playing with them. She had them all lined up on one stair at one point. I even found one in the bath toy box. My poor mother's spoon collection is dwindling with each visit from Ayda!
Here are the spoons about 99% of the time we were there:
And here they are the morning we left and I cleaned them up till the next visit:
(Notice the empty places where spoons should be)



The last night we were in Atlanta my mom, Jim, Ayda and I headed to Lenox mall to ride the Pink Pig! I rode it as a kid and was excited to ride the newer version with Ayda. I was not sure if she would have much interest but as we rode along on the pig she pointed at different things and said "Wow"!

Ayda and Papaw waiting in line to ride. She and papaw really bonded on this trip to Atlanta and Ayda lights up when he walks into the room!

The three of us anxiously awaiting our turn!


No comments: