Finally I am posting pics of Ayda's birthday party in Atl! We are having her party here in Florida tomorrow. She had so much fun seeing everyone and playing with all the kids. And she most definitely loved eating the yummy cake!


Having a very serious chat with Nathan. I believe it might have been about whose sippy cup is whose...they had the same one!
A friend of mine always makes our cake for special occasions. Unfortunately she had to work the two days before Ayda's party and could not do it. So I decided to try my hand at cake decorating. I must admit I was very pleased with how it turned out. Definitely not professional, but it was super cute and everyone loved it! My SIL helped as well and I do believe the cake would not have been as moist if she had not done the mixing! Thanks Al!
"Yes, I really like it. I could eat the whole thing."
And she just about did...and we paid for it later. Ayda has never been one to refuse going to bed on time. After her party was a different story. I think it was a mix of over-stimulation, sugar high, and some teething, but she was absolutely NOT going to bed at 8:00. I put her down and she was quiet for about 5 minutes and then the screaming started. Kevin and I have never been one to just let her cry it out. So I went and got her and she proceeded to play downstairs while we watched football. She was so wired she was really quite entertaining to us. My mom finally got her down at 10 but I was up with her every hour till 3AM. I am so thankful those kinds of nights are VERY rare in our house! She had so much fun at her party though so it was really still worth it! I can't believe my baby is one already! Still setting in.




1 comment:
love the bday pictures and that precious red dress! the cake is ADORABLE!!! you did such a great job!
Post a Comment