Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ayda's (second) First Birthday Party!

We had another birthday party for Ayda down here in FL. We wanted to make sure Kevin's parents could celebrate with her too! Another couple that we are friends with joined in and we had a great night! Kevin grilled out and then we enjoyed the yummy cake. Kevin's mom made a vegan cake for them and Ayda and I recreated a smaller version of the cake I made in Atlanta. It was a relaxing, fun evening and Ayda loved being center of attention once again!
The cake I made!

Sweet little feet...

Getting ready for another smashing of the cake!

Just getting started!

We had to abruptly move the party inside because as soon as the cake came out so did the mosquitos! We were all getting attacked. So Ayda kept eating her yummy cake and we all grabbed stuff and headed for the kitchen!

I think she is a fan of her vegan cake! She loved the icing!

And then decided to try it out as a hair styling product. It was a crazy hairdo for sure but we are all about letting her express herself...and she did!

Sugar high drunkenness

Ayda has definitely figured out how to open presents. She loves to rip the paper and see what is inside. Only problem is now we are having to guard the Christmas presents with high intensity. She loves to crawl under the tree and grab some!
It was another fun celebration for Ayda. Once again, Kevin and I sat there watching her and wondering where the year went. She is just so much fun and we are so beyond proud of her!

No comments: