So far this year has been quite interesting. I am really hoping that it will slow down and there will be a season of rest, at least for my extended family. I have a feeling Kevin, Ayda and I are about to hit turbo speed as we transition into a new season of life.
As you know from a previous post, my older brother took quite a fall and broke is leg/ankle. He is recovering well and is getting pretty used to living life with crutches. Then two weeks after he broke his leg, my grandmother (mom's mom) fell and broke her foot. She is having to wear an ace bandage and boot. She also has to use a walker to get around. Let's just say between the two of them they are making good use of hospital equipment.
Last week my precious Grandpa (my dad's dad) passed away leaving his wife, my grandma, of 62 years. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer in July. We knew it was coming but that doesn't change the fact that we will miss him and are grieving his loss. I wish so badly he could have met Ayda, his 5th great grandchild. But he is at peace and we are thankful he does not have to suffer anymore. His memorial service is this weekend so Kevin, Ayda and I will make a trip to NC for that and to spend some time with family. Grandpa will be greatly missed. He was an amazing grandpa to say the least!
And then today my mom called to tell me my grandmother (her mom) is in the hospital with some heart/lung issues. They admitted her for further testing and observation. Ayda and I will go up tomorrow to visit and check things out. The nurse in me wants to make sure she is being well taken care of!
So needless to say 2009 has started with a bang, and really these are just the big things that have happened. And I can't say it is a good bang. Ayda has been a trooper as we have been to B'ham twice to see my brother, she will head to NC with us this weekend, she brought comfort to Great-grandma H when she broke her foot and she will be visiting her Great-gma H. in the next couple days. Please say a prayer for all these family members as work has been missed (yet jobs are being so understanding) and lots of recovery, whether emotional or physical, is needing to be done. I greatly appreciate it and I pray for rest to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment