Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kevin's Graduation!

I decided to break up the posts for Kevin's Graduation and Ayda's Dedication. I feel like they both deserve their own post.
This weekend was a great celebration. We had friends and family come into town and celebrate two wonderful events. Kevin received an email from his advisor on Friday saying he is officially done with school. Though it has not set in for us, it does not change how proud I am of him! I tried to give my little speech at his party but made it half with through before losing the croud's attention (even Ayda was over it!). So here it is:
Kevin has many qualities that I have fallen in love with since I met him. One thing in particular is that when he puts him mind to something he succeeds with excellence. He decided at the end of his sophomore year of college to be a Chiropractor. So the last two years of college he completed a pre-med tract. He graduated from Rollins College in May 2005, moved to Atlanta where he knew no one and started at Life University in June 2005. The Doctorate program at Life consists of 14 quarters with no breaks. Well, he got one week off at the end of his winter and summer quarter and 3 weeks off at the end of his spring and fall quarter. But that is it. Each quarter he took over 30 hours. He saw dozens of patients in clinic. He has taken 3 out of 4 parts of the National Boards and passed with flying colors. He also graduated to Advancement level with Knee Chest Upper Cervical Specific. That is a level of Chiropractic that has nothing to do with Life. He received that by attending several seminars in Atlanta and Iowa. He will continue to work towards becoming a Master in this group. He traveled to Dominican Republic with KCUCS and adjusted over 300 people there. Ok so Kevin has stayed busy and driven the past three and a half years. This is all just schooling and education. He also met me, married me, and we had a baby in this time too. Like I said, when Kevin puts him mind to something he succeeds! So as we are now at the end of his journey at Life University and looking to the future of our family and his career I now without a doubt he will be successful. He is already making plans to attend a review course for part 4 of boards, attend a conference in Las Vegas with other Upper Cervical doctors, and start setting up his own practice. To say I am proud is an understatement.
Here are some pictures of his party! It was a lot of fun and we are so thankful for everyone who has played a part in this journey of ours.

No comments: