Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ayda's Dedication

After a fun night on Saturday celebrating Kevin, we woke up Sunday ready to celebrate our precious baby girl. We know that Ayda is a gift from the Lord and it was important for us to have her dedicated at our church. With family and friends in town for Kevin we planned to do it the same weekend. Some close friends of ours also had their baby, Meira, dedicated too. Susan and Josh are in our small group and we met them when Susan was at the end of her first trimester with Meira. They have very similar views as us concerning medicine and holism. They too had Meira at home and were a huge support to Kevin and I as we made plans to do the same. So it only seemed fit to have the girls dedicated together! It was so special to have them with us on this important day. Ayda did so great for the dedication and then went straight to sleep in my arms when we sat back down. She slept through the sermon (we'll work on that in later years!) and woke up with smiles. After church everyone came to our house and we had a nice luncheon in honor of Ayda. It was a sweet morning and something I will always treasure. I prayed so many times during my pregnancy that Christ would just sit with Ayda in my womb. Knit her together perfectly and just be with her. When Ayda would go crazy in my womb I would wonder if she was just praising her Lord. And now the past four months her joyful personality reminds me of the joy we have in Christ. I know God has amazing plans for her life and Kevin and I are honored to be her parents and raise her in the way Christ would have us do so.
So here are the pictures from Ayda's big morning! And thanks to all of you that have already played such a huge role in her life. She has amazing great-grandparents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, god-parents, and friends! Kevin and I are so blessed to have the support system we do to be the best parents we can be for her! Thank you so much!

No comments: