Christmas time last year Kevin and I briefly talked about having another baby. We have said since we got married that we wanted 4 kids. Then we had Ayda and we realized many things about kids that we didn't really know before. They cost money...shocker! I don't enjoy pregnancy. They are precious gifts but a lot of work. And we want to give them our best. But we still love the idea of a larger family. So I'll be honest we were on the fence about #3. We decided last year we'd wait another year before having another since Kevin was opening his practice this year. I could work another year while he opens up. Ok perfect...our plan was set!
Three weeks later...positive pregnancy test! Ha! Our plans quickly turned to the realization Gods plan is best. The shock quickly wore off and we were so excited. And I soon became overcome with the dreaded ALL day sickness. We told the girls when I was 8 weeks that they would be big sisters (again for Ayda)! They were so excited. Ayda had been praying for a few months for a baby sister or brother.
Spring 2014 is remembered as the longest first trimester ever! My nausea and puking didn't subside till 22 weeks. I still managed to gain plenty of weight of course! I finished work in May and was so ready for a restful summer and time with my big girls! My nausea never went away the whole pregnancy but was manageable. The girls and I had a very fun summer and that definitely passed the time thru second trimester!
The girls started back to school first of August. I'm always so sad to share them with school but love where they go! We had 6ish weeks left to go when they went back. We were all so very ready to meet our new family member. No one more excited than me...like I said I am not crazy about being pregnant. We had a scorching hot August. The beach and pools felt like bath water even! No where to go to cool off! Into September I was ready to pop! Thank the Lord no PUPPS this go round!
September 16 I started pre laboring. I thought for sure baby Lin was coming. But we went to bed that night saying never mind! 10:30 that night I woke with contractions 20 minutes apart. I was in denial that this could be it. But also cautious since my labor with Hadley was less than 3 hours. At 1:30am my contractions were 10 minutes apart so I went to our living room and walked around. Contractions immediately went to 3-5 minutes! I got Kevin up, we called our midwife, and I got in the zone. I have to admit this was my favorite labor. It was like my body and mind knew what the contractions would feel like and I knew when the worst was there. So in between Kevin and I joked, laughed, and relaxed. It was great. At 4:30 I was 10cm but no urge to push. We got the girls up thinking baby was coming soon. Finally at 5:30 I had the urge to push and I pushed our baby girl out in one long crazy contraction! Kevin, the girls, my mom, his mom, Lauren, our Midwife Ashley, and birth assistant Emily were all there to see Harper Mabel take her first breath! It was a sweet moment! Another Lin girl! Wow!! I was immediately in love and was so thankful she joined our family this year. As we celebrated Christmas this year with her I can't imagine not having her. She's a sweet, funny, laid back baby!
So tho it wasn't our plan to have a baby this year I'm so glad our plan changed! We love our Harper!
Part 2 will come later...my journey to Breast feed Harper. It's a post I'm not sure how to write. It's a long story but I want to keep it short. Will be tough!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment