Mother's Day:
My mom and Step-dad were supposed to come up and celebrate the weekend with us but my mom had a little set back with her leg. So they were unable to come which led us to having a pretty quiet weekend. With Mother's Day Sunday and Kevin's birthday Monday we did have a lot of fun celebrating both. It was nice to have a low key weekend though.
Kevin took me to Grove Park Inn for brunch with the girls. I was a little nervous about how they would behave at a nice place like that, but they were perfect!! Ayda LOVED being able to walk around and pick what she wanted to eat. And the ice-cream bar sealed the deal. And Hadley ate a ton of whatever we gave her. We really had a wonderful time, despite some nasty weather!!
These girls made me a momma and teach me new things everyday.
Hadley Update:
Poor thing...I feel like I totally forget to update on all her changes. She is up to so much lately and I am really loving this stage. When she turned one she went through a sort of tough little stage. VERY clingy, VERY sensitive. We also started putting the pieces together to realize she was getting frustrated from competing with Ayda for toys, time, etc. Once we figured that out she really became so fun and happy again! At 14 months she still weighs 19 lbs and something. I don't think she has hit 20lbs yet. She is my little peanut! She has a big personality though. Because of her big sister she has discovered the "fire truck" shopping carts much earlier than Ayda ever did. She refuses to sit in a regular cart anymore and has a blast playing while we shop. She has been working on her molars to come through for a good 2 months and we have 1 to brag about. I am really hoping she cuts the other 3 really soon so we have a break before the 2 year molars start coming. She also LOVES to give us hugs and kisses. Makes my day everytime! She is so snuggly and sweet!
Dinner with Friends:
We have been so blessed to have made great friends already. I forget sometimes that we have only been here 6 months. We had dinner with a couple and their 1 year old at their house. They live on an old farm with mountains all around. It is absolutely gorgeous! The girls (and Kevin) enjoyed playing on their old school rope swing. It was a perfect evening weather wise and we really enjoyed that time with them!
Dupont Falls:
We went for our second time a couple weeks ago per Ayda's request. It's a little bit of a drive but so worth it. The hike is about 2 miles, of which Kevin ends up carrying Ayda 75% of it (bless him!). I opt to wear Hadley on my back in the Ergo! The falls are so pretty though. There are several you can hike to and both times proved to be such a sweet time with our family.
New Diet:
I don't want to say diet because that's not really how I view it. But I was so tired of feeling exhausted all the time, tired of working out and "eating healthy" but not losing a pound, and just feeling overall blah. I sort of just got up one morning and told Kevin, something has to change. I had heard something about Paleo so we looked into it. I ordered the book in order to really understand the do's and don'ts. And we jumped in. We are not 100% Paleo but I am definitely pretty close. And I felt the results immediately. I feel so much better and I can tell such a difference when I cheat. There was a neighborhood social this past Saturday with ice cream and I wasn't even tempted. It just didn't sound good (if you know me well...you knot that's not my norm). After 2 weeks of it I am really hoping to make this a lifestyle change. And i'm dropping some pounds! Added bonus. Below is a picture of a Paleo Pizza I made Sunday. The crust is made of cauliflower, egg, oregano, and garlic. Sounds gross (trust me I was skeptical) but it was really really yummy. Hadley even enjoyed a big piece!! Tonight is Pesto Shrimp and Zucchini! Can't wait!!
So that is that. We are staying busy and trying to get into a summer routine. Ayda is home till August so I am just trying to keep both girls busy! And they definitely keep me busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment