Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ayda turned 3 1/2 on June 4. I usually don't keep up with "month birthdays" for her anymore. But for some reason her half birthday stood out to me. I am not going to lie...3 has been a tough age so far. Ayda has such a big personality and is so smart. She definitely knows what she wants! We have had our struggles but I also must say this has been one of my favorite ages so far too. Funny how I can love and hate it. Days where she is just loving life and having fun are a blast! She has such a wit about her and sense of humor that keeps me laughing. So as we are into the second half of 3 and her 4th (how in the world?!) birthday will be here before long, I wanted to write down the things she is doing right now. 

Fashion: The girl has fashion and a strong opinion about it. The other day we were heading to the YMCA for me to work out and I realized she had on a nice sunday dress, pearls (fake), and her Easter sandles. For the Y!!!!! The girl loves clothes and wears dresses 95% of the time!

Learning: She loves Montessori. She has really missed being at school the past few weeks. She keeps asking when she will get to go back. I have some things at home that mimic what she has at school and she loves to sit at the table and work on them. She is writing her name better and better too! 


Ayda plays hard and then sleeps hard! Not much else to say. Below is a pic during nap time. She insisted on wearing her head band to bed! 


We really landed in a great neighborhood. There are lots of kids and everyone is so friendly. I am not sure we would make it without our neighbors across the street. They mow our front yard for us whenever they mow theirs and we have borrowed a cake pan (for when I had to make 150 brownies for Ayda's end of the year picnic!!) and a power drill to hang curtains. A couple weeks ago we had a neighborhood social. They had hot dogs and ice cream. We made it for ice cream after naps! There is an incredible play ground right next to the pool (totally saving me this summer). Ayda was really enjoying her ice cream below!


My water baby: Ayda still loves the water. She is a little more timid in the pool but she's taking swim lessons at the Y and doing awesome. And in the bath tub it's a whole other ball game. She has taught Hadley how to blow bubbles and they both get a kick out of that. And she loves to lay down in the water, have me take a picture, and she gets to see what her crazy hair is doing. The girl keeps me laughing for sure!


Ayda went through a little stage of not being so sure about her sister. Now that Hadley fights back Ayda didn't quite know what to do there. But after some discipline and chats about being kind and taking care of her sister they have really started to have fun together. I think Ayda needed to realize Hadley doesn't understand everything but that Ayda can teach her new things. Now they will play together and have a blast. Melts my heart!


So at 3 1/2 Ayda has her challenging moments but she also has more fun, hilarious, and sweet moments. She is so much fun to be with and the things that come out of her mouth keep us laughing. As my mom always says "That's so Ayda". So happy Half Birthday to Ayda! 


No comments: