I love that at 12:30 (ish) everyday our house becomes very quiet as two little girls take their naps. It sometimes lasts an hour, sometimes 3. But it is bliss. But for some reason on Saturdays it just seems so much sweeter when Kevin is home with us and we all crash. Today I had put Hadley to bed and laid down to read. He was putting Ayda to bed but never came out. When I flipped on the video monitor I found this...
They were both passed out in Ayda's bed. What made me smile even more is knowing that Ayda would be so excited to wake up from her nap next to her daddy. Every night she asks him if he'll sleep with her. He usually will lay down with her but I think she's a little disappointed when she wakes up and he's gone. I asked her after nap today if Daddy took a nap with her and she grinned and said "Yes!". I love watching the bond and relationship between them develop everyday. Hadley is still a momma's girl but she definitely has some sweet moments with her daddy too. I am so thankful to be married to a man who treasures me and our girls the way he does. He encourages us, calms us, humors us, challenges us, etc. We are truly blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment