Kevin is in Dominican Republic for a Chiropractic Mission trip! He had an interesting time getting down there but finally made it at 4AM Saturday morning! He was supposed to arrive Wednesday night! But I think he is having an awesome time and learning a lot. He loves serving so he is definitely getting to do that. He went to DR two years ago and it is crazy to think where we were then. I was 17 weeks pregnant, visiting CT, still sick from first trimester ickyness, and I felt sweet Ayda kick for the first time while he was gone! We didn't set up any cell phone coverage that week and I learned my lesson. Not talking to him for 8 days about killed me. So I was sure to have something set up this time around. We have been able to text 10 times a day. And I am so thankful for those texts we have! It's nice to hear from him and know he is doing ok.
Ayda and I took a quick trip to ATL this past weekend. We had a great time with our friends, the Tenery's, and time with my mom and step dad. It was a quick but wonderful trip. I took Kevin's mom's van which has a DVD player and introduced Ayda to the wide world of traveling with a movie playing. She was so excited! Except now every time we get in the car she starts chanting "Moo-eee! Moo-eee!" We'll work on teaching her that movies in the car are a special occasion for long trips...not 5 minute trips to the store! I refuse to play it around town so she will figure it out!
Tomorrow we head out for Connecticut to spend a week with my dad, step mom, sister and brother. I have not seen them since this time last year so I am SO excited to get up there!!! I am just praying for an easy airplane ride with a 19 month old (do those exist?!?!). I am planning to lug her ginormous carseat through the airport so I can strap it into the seat and hope she will sit there like she does in the car. It is a three hour flight and once that is over I will certainly breathe a sigh of relief!
So all that said, we have been busy! And we are still on the go. Kevin gets home Wednesday! I won't see him till next week though when he comes to NY for his cousins wedding. We should definitely have tons of pics to post when we are back in Florida under one roof! I promise to post what we have!
Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment