Friday, April 23, 2010

Due for an Update:

Wow! I did not realize till yesterday that I had not posted anything for almost two weeks. Time flies when your having fun! So here is a recap of our couple of weeks. And pics to follow!

Kevin: He is working 70 hours a week getting everything going. I am so proud of him and his hard work. It is tough not having him around but I am so glad he is finally doing what he knows he is supposed to be doing and wants to do! He has hosted an After Hours event which is part of the Chamber of Commerce. It is a HUGE deal and he had a wonderful turn out. Unfortunately I missed it because I was with Amy and Gabe as they welcomed their little one into the world. I was so so sad to miss the event and the ribbon cutting. There was awesome food, live music (our good friend Sara Jones sang!!!), raffles, and lots of fun. Tons of people came and it was a great opportunity for Kevin to share with the community what he does. Then he had his Grand opening celebration yesterday. It was another great time of K getting to show off the place and talk about Upper Cervical Chiropractic. All in all he is doing great and is getting more and more patients each week. We can really see God's hand in all of this and we are so thankful. This weekend K is up in ATL at a seminar that I know will recharge him and he'll get back Sunday ready to go again.
Pics of his Grand Opening Celebration:


Ayda: Well she just runs...all the time! She is so busy and has such the time of her life doing whatever it is she is doing. She completely keeps me entertained all day. I love it! She is talking so much and it is fun to hear her version of words. She LOVES being outside which is where we spend the majority of our day. I am still working on cheap ways to make the yard a playground for her. She loves the garden, in fact I believe it is safe to say she has eaten an entire tree of Kumquats. She still goes to the tree but they are all gone. We have moved on to another fruit that is in season now but I have no clue what the name of the fruit is. It is small and tastes like a sour peach though. She loves them. She also loves the water...as you can see in the pics below. So between visiting daddy at the office, running errands, having playdates, playing in the yard, and taking walks to go see the cows she is a very happy little girl!!

My attempt at pigtails. Her hair needs to grow a little more. Usually I put it in a "pony tail" on top of her head!


Fun pool time!

The child has no fear. I am a nervous wreck as she throws herself around in the water!
Taking a break to check the garden

Playing with the hose is SO much fun!

Oops...till it sprays you right in the face! She was still having a blast!

Me: Other than chasing Ayda around, I have been working at Kevin's office one afternoon and two mornings a week. I just help out with some of the office stuff and getting patients checked in. I also am finally working on getting my nursing license down here. I took the test today which was the biggest thing I was dreading. Turned out to be a piece of cake! My Bradley classes are going great. I am on class 4 this week and have 3 couples. I love teaching! And I am getting more involved at church and meeting lots of people that way. So I am staying quite busy yet wonder why I am exhausted every night after Ayda goes to bed! I do sometimes feel like a temp jumping from job to job but I would not have it any other way.

So we are all doing fantastic. Super busy but life is good! We have some exciting things going on this summer so I can't wait for all of that to start rolling in. My mom comes in 2 weeks which to me will kick start the summer for us! I can't wait!!!






1 comment:

Anna said...

so cute! i cannot believe how BIG and grownup ayda looks in the pictures! she's having so much fun! glad to know yall are doing well! :)