Monday, April 26, 2010

Just some ramblings

Yesterday was just one of those days that I wasn't thrilled about starting but so glad I did by the end of it. Kevin had been out of town since Thursday and I was definitely missing him and ready for him to come home. I also was just struggling with some things in the morning and was in a good ole funk. Fear, doubt, and worry had got a hold of me and I was just down. With it just being me and Ayda at home it was so tempting to just stay home and mope around the house. But I was so uneasy about that and knew God was wanting me to get myself and Ayda ready and head to church. I even said (so immature, I know) "Fine but they better sing at least one song that really lifts my spirits and lets me know you are here". Though we were running a little late we made it to church. I dropped Ayda off at the nursery and headed into the service. We sang a few songs that I like but nothing that just jumped out at me. Then the last song we sang was one of my favorites "God of this City". I knew immediately that was God's song to me, even though my request (or demand) was so childish and immature. He still answered. I sang with chill bumps all over. Then the service started. The topic? Why does God allow pain and suffering? Though my funk was not related to something serious the sermon was exactly what I needed to hear. I was so refreshed as I walked out of there yesterday. I was reminded that not only does God care about his people, He is with us no matter how big or small our pain/suffering is. I was so encouraged as I picked Ayda up and headed home. The rest of the day got better and better. When I started to get down again I was reminded of how clearly God spoke to me in the morning. I taught my Bradley class and it went great. The couples are getting more familiar and open which is bringing on some good discussion. And then my hubby came home and we got to spend a few hours together which was much needed!
I am ready to start another week now!

1 comment:

Allison Lewis said...

looks like god blessed us each in the ways we needed at church yesterday. ;-) i love you!