As you may know I started teaching the Bradley Method of natural childbirth in January. Kevin and I took the course in preparation for having Ayda and I have such a passion for natural births now. I had one couple in my first series which was perfect. Over the course of the 12 week series I bonded with this sweet couple and knew they would have the birth they truly wanted. They were definitely better students than Kevin and I were!!! Towards the end of the classes they asked me to be their doula. I was very excited as her due date approached. Amy finally went into labor on her due date (thursday) and had baby Liam at 2:28AM on April 9. It was such a blessing and joy to be with them as they welcomed their sweet baby boy into their family. They had not found out the sex either which made the moment that much more exciting!
I totally had flashbacks of labor as I assisted Amy and her husband Gabe through the 12 hours of labor. I was so happy that those flashbacks of contractions, pushing, etc were happy memories, not any of pain, fear, or fatigue. I remembered how wonderful our birth was! I am glad this family will also be able to have those same memories. I truly love what I do now, hands down!!! Who could ever get tired of teaching couples to prepare for their precious little baby and then to watch them as they do. Seeing a baby born will always put tears in my eyes!

5 lbs 9 oz
18 inches

2 comments:
how much fun for you!!! and gracious, he's so tiny and adorable!!!!
so adorable and SO tiny! our girls (in utero are 5-6 and 5-7 right now...not much smaller than he is! wow!) precious pictures and so happy for you that you were there to witness it!
Post a Comment