Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sweet Potato Madness!

After Ayda turned up her nose to rice cereal I decided to give sweet potatoes a try. And well the result...a VERY happy customer! She loves them. Right now she only gets a little once a day. I had originally planned to hold off on solids till she 6 months old, but we will be traveling quite a bit the first two weeks of June. So I didn't want to start while we were on the road. We also decided to go ahead and put her awesome high chair together. Ayda's Papa-Joe and Nanna Lori bought it for her when they visited four months ago. We have been waiting to get it out and she looks adorable sitting in there! 
She is ready for the food!
And she loves to show her independence by attempting to feed herself! 
And after enjoying some yummy sweet potatoes she is hamming it up with Kevin! Like I said...a happy customer we have!

1 comment:

Anna said...

awesome! addie HATED rice cereal, so i just mixed apple sauce with it. some pediatricians recommend doing vegis before fruits, but i was desperate to get some rice cereal in her bc she had reflux. all that being said, she LOVED sweet potatoes and butternut squash...her favorites! best baby food making site i found: www.wholesomebabyfood.com. would love to help you get started on it if youre interested! yah know, since you're officially a cloth diapering mommy and all!