This past weekend reminded me of why facebook is good. I was in ATL for the weekend and posted something about it on FB. A high school friend who lives in South Carolina commented and said she was in town as well. We were able to meet up at the park with her two boys and my two girls and catch up after several years. It was so nice to sit and chat. We even got a laugh out of the fact that we were both sitting on a bench at one point breastfeeding our babies. Back in high school that was obviously the furthest thing from our minds but there we were! And it was awesome how we were able to just pick up where we left off. Sure we had some catching up to do but because of good ole FB we had a clue how the other was doing and what the other was doing. Pretty cool.
This all led me to thinking about seasons. I have seasons on my mind a lot lately. There is a reason but I can't quite say yet. Anyway, seasons in GA are weather related. They are what I grew up with. Fall, winter, spring, summer. Seasons in FL are quite different. I call them the bug/pest seasons. Seriously, there is frog season, love bug season, snake season (LEAST favorite), etc. I won't go further in case anyone reading likes Florida or thinks one day they would like to move here. It's nice, but there are bugs! I'm still getting used to them. There are also seasons in life. Friends come and go depending on the chapter of life you are in. But my get together with my high school friend brought a smile to my face. We had some awesome memories from high school. There was a group of us that were pretty close! Then we graduated and parted ways. And without FB maybe we would have lost touch entirely.
Anyway, I want to treasure my relationships, no matter the season. Kevin and I are very big on community. We feel that is how Christ lived and we should follow that example. We promised each other on our wedding day that we would "do life" together and with our community. No matter what. And we are doing just that together and striving for more community with others.
No comments:
Post a Comment