Monday, August 29, 2011

Montessori School

Ayda completed her first week at school last week. Kevin and I are SO pleased so far. I know I know, it's only been a week. But Ayda asked to go back every morning, was excited to tell me about her day as soon as I picked her up, and she is already saying and doing things that are new. She is introduced to 20 new words a day! Her teacher has sent us a couple pictures of her working hard. I love the hands on learning approach. 


Here she is grinding coffee. She was SO proud to bring home the coffee that she worked so hard to grind. She did say it was stinky but other than that she said it was fun.

She said this morning on the way to school that she wanted to do the puzzle there. It's pretty cool knowing that the puzzle she works on while she is there will later become an algebraic equation when she is in elementary school!

No comments: