My best friend, Jen, came to ATL to spend the afternoon with us! It is so crazy to think we have been friends for almost 25 years. In one sense it makes me feel old saying that and in another sense it makes me feel really blessed. We have been through so much together! Through all the chapters of life we have seen each other through, motherhood has been my favorite. Growing up we always said she would be the one with girls and I would be the one with boys based on our personalities...and we assumed I'd have the blonde haired kids and she would have the dark haired kids. And so we laugh now as we see God had such different plans for use! I love watching her with her boys!! And I would not trade my girls for anything!
Anyway, we had a lovely afternoon chatting and playing with our kids. It was so nice to have a conversation with her and not hold a phone up to my ear to do it! Her youngest son's birthday is in a few weeks so we celebrated early with a present from the Lins. I had to laugh when her oldest, Nathan, took the gift to play with it leaving Andrew to play with the packaging...second child! hehe! They are sure sweet boys...I just wish we lived closer so our kids could play together more!
Thanks, Jen, for ALL the years of friendship!
No comments:
Post a Comment