Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ayda and Hadley's Tree

Ok so I am going to go ahead and admit at the beginning of this post that it is official...I am a hippie! Now that I warned you...

After Ayda was born I wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with the placenta. I thought it was gross! My mom and Kevin had a little tutorial from the midwife about it and they loved it. They have talked about how cool it was since. So this time around I wanted to at least see it. Our midwife showed me the side that was Hadley's and the side that was mine and the sacs that Hadley was in. It was actually pretty cool. Then came the question...what do y'all want to do with the placenta? Keep it or throw it away? My answer was promptly...throw it away. Well about 5 seconds after that Kevin gave his answer...nah, let's keep it and plant a tree with it. We have heard that it is great to put with a tree in the yard because it is full of minerals and nutrients and the tree will be really healthy. So...we kept it. Kevin bought a tree on Saturday and we planted it on Sunday. While we were out there I have to admit I am kinda glad we did. Ayda got involved in the process of planting the tree and she still looks out her bedroom window and says "Ayda's tree!". It was a neat thing to do with our family. And I am a bit partial to this tree knowing it has a piece of me and Hadley in there with it! It is our girls' tree!










1 comment:

Jaci said...

Ayda is so cute watering the tree! Looks like she's taking it very seriously.

Hadley seems like such a sweetie!! Can't wait to meet her!!

Love to all!
Jaci