Thursday, October 21, 2010

Beach Fun

Kevin's dad took the whole family (all 10 of us) to Hammock Beach Resort for a long weekend. It was SO much fun and I actually came home relaxed. There were so many of us to chase Ayda that I felt like I got a little bit of a break while we were there. And she had an absolute blast playing in the pool, sand, and beach.



Playing with Agong (Grandpa)! They had lots of fun playing in the water!

Kevin's mom and grandparents relaxing on the beach. It was late afternoon so it was getting a little chilly but the rest of us were running around still and keeping warm. The water was actually really warm!
Ayda playing with her Great Aunt.

Kevin and Ayda loved going out in the ocean and splashing in the waves. She loved for them to hit her in the face (she did not get that from me!). She's such a dare devil out there. I wouldn't go by myself so that was their thing!

Weeeee!

About to dig into all the sand! Last year she was terrified to even stand in the sand...what a different a year makes!

The pool had a No Entry section which was great for Ayda. She could play in the shallow water or go deeper if she wanted to. She, George, and Grace played with those funnels for quite a while!
George coming down the water slide at the pool. I went down a few times and then saw the signs saying pregnant women should not ride. Oops! Luckily I didn't let myself go too fast and baby didn't seem phased by it!

We checked out of the hotel on Monday and headed north to spend the day in St. Augustine. We went to the fort first. Ayda loved playing on all the canons. There were no ropes or rails anywhere so Kevin and I were a nervous wreck chasing Ayda around. After the fort we headed to some shops and grabbed some lunch. Then we made our way back home!

It was a fun weekend! Kevin's grandparents are heading back to Taiwan the first of November so this was sort of our last big family thing with them. I think it's safe to say we all had a lot of of.

Thanks again Baba for a great few days!

No comments: