Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Anniversary Weekend!

So I'm kind of going backwards a little. I forgot I never posted about our anniversary celebration. Kevin and I celebrated 3 years of marriage on Sept. 29. It was a wednesday so we just had lunch and waited for the weekend to really celebrate. He took me to Animal Kingdom Lodge for a night. I had requested one night for us to get away. I have only been away from Ayda one other night (other than all my night shifts which I don't really count). Of course as soon as we checked into the lodge we immediately were missing her. She would have LOVED the pool, animals, everything. But we had so much fun together too! We went on a safari around the lodges and saw some of the animals really close up. Afterwards we had dinner at a nice restaurant with some very good food. Our hotel room overlook a "savannah" so when we got back to our room we looked outside and there were two zebras hanging out. It was really neat.

On the safari! They had an ostrich egg (hollowed out!) to show how big they are. Pretty cool!


Kevin and a giraffe getting to know each other. This giraffe was super friendly. She was only about 2 years old and super cute!

On Saturday we decided to get Ayda down to the park because we knew she would love seeing all the animals. And we missed her quite a bit by then!!! Kevin's brother, George, works at Disney and can get us in for free. He and his girlfriend brought Ayda down to us and we all enjoyed the day at Animal Kingdom. And, we were right, Ayda had a BLAST!!

George and Grace


On the Park safari. Ayda said hi and bye to most of the animals! She was into the whole thing.

Taking a break from all the walking! We did have her stroller but she enjoyed walking around and seeing the animals herself!

All in all it was a very FUN 24 hours. We were only about 45 minutes from home but it was a great get away. It has been a crazy three years for Kevin and me. We listed off all that has happened...
On our first anniversary I was 7 months pregnant with Ayda
On our Second Anniversary we had just moved to Florida for Kevin to start his practice
And on our third anniversary I was 12 weeks pregnant with baby #2!!
In between the anniversaries we had Ayda, Kevin graduated, I worked night shift (ahhh!), his office was built and his doors opened, we got pregnant with our second little one, and one or both of us have been to dominican republic (k), ATL countless times, Connecticut (me and A), NYC, and all around Florida. It has been busy and fun and I would not change a day of it all! I still know with everything in me that I married the man I was supposed to and I am more in love with him now as I was when we said our vows! We said we wanted to do life together and I'd say we are doing just that!

Happy 3rd Anniversary to an amazing man, husband, and father!

No comments: