Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day weekend was fabulous! My mom came into town for the weekend and we had a blast with her here. The weekend was packed full of fun to say the least! Ayda and I both cried when she had to go home Tuesday morning.
Mother's Day started with a great service at our church. Then Kevin headed home with Ayda to let her take a nap and mom and I went to get pedicures! I was so excited to be getting one. The last one I had was in August when she took me for my birthday. So needless to say I was in need. Well, in fact, I didn't realize how badly I needed one until the poor lady working on my feet broke out the cheese grate for my heels and bottoms of my feet! Yes, the cheese grate! How embarrassing. My mom saw her coming with it first and though she tried not to start laughing there was no stopping it. She was laughing hysterically which got me laughing. I am happy to report that my feet feel much better and the nice lady got a little nicer tip. I had told Kevin the story and last night he asked if I had shrunk an inch. So funny, really!
Anyway after our pedicures we got some lunch at Panera (my favorite!!). It was nice to enjoy lunch with my mom and actually have an adult conversation. She dropped me off at Kevin's office after lunch and headed home to keep Ayda while Kevin and I taught a Bradley class. Even though I had to take a few hours out of my Mother's Day to teach, it was so worth it. What a great way to spend Mother's Day teaching other couples about having their baby unmedicated! It was fun. Then mom met us back at the office to head into Orlando for a nice dinner Kevin had set up. The restaurant was so neat and had very tasty food. Unfortunately Ayda was way more interested in roaming around outside the restaurant than sitting at the table to eat. So we ate in shifts! Again, what is Mother's Day without having to deal with fussy kids? I would not have it any other way either!!! So all in all the whole day was wonderful. Kevin does such a great job of making sure I know I am a good momma to Ayda all the time. Mother's Day makes me stop and appreciate my mom, grandma, step mom, mother in law and other "mother" like ladies in my life. I also had some friends on my mind throughout the whole day that are waiting for their turn to be mommys. I spent the day praying for those girls and that they would celebrate next mother's day holding that answer to prayer!

Ayda at dinner...still enjoying sitting there.


Mom and Kevin! They gave all the moms a flower lay!

Ayda was done with pictures at this point so I had to fly solo for this picture. We did get a picture of my mom and I but it is on her phone!

My little angel passed out on the ride home! She was a trooper through dinner!

No comments: