Sunday, January 3, 2010

Kevin and I travelled up to Jacksonville FL for the Gator bowl New Year's Day. It was the first time I have ever been away from Ayda that long but all in all I did good. I only called twice and texted twice! Kevin's parents and Aunt did a great job watching her (of course!) and she had a blast. It was nice to get away for two days but I will admit coming home I was a tad bit ansy to see my pumpkin.
The game was lots of fun. I was pulling for the Mountaineers and they lost but we still had fun. Kevin is an FSU fan so as always we were divided with our teams. It was a good game and I will say it was easier to lose knowing it was Bobby's last game coaching. I'm glad he won his last game! He did deserve it. Anyway here are some pics from the weekend!
Mom and I ready to go in our Gold and Blue!!!

The guys were pumped too! We got some funny looks having 3 WVU fans and 1 FSU fan.

Mom and Jim at Cracker Barrel waiting on our yummy breakfast!

Kevin and me waiting.

The football field! Our seats were pretty high up but they were still really good! I will admit I had a hard time following the ball, but eventually I figured out what was going on!

The tribute to Bobby Bowden. It was neat!

The FSU marching band did a tribute to Bobby too during half time. It was really cool when they spelled his name on the field. Quite impressive.

WVU marching band at half time. They formed the state while playing John Denver's "Country Road". Awesome!!!

Kevin after the game. He was so happy FSU won!!!

No comments: