My best friend, Jen, and I have been friends since we were 6. Six weeks after announcing they were pregnant, I was calling her telling her we were pregnant. We were so excited to be having babies together. They would be 6 weeks apart...how perfect. Well little Nathan decided to come 4 weeks early last October so the kiddos are 2 months apart. Ayda keeps up with him quite well. They live in Bham so we don't get to see them too often which stinks but when we can get together it is always so much fun. This time Jen was in ATL at her mom's house so Ayda and I headed over for a play date and lunch. This was the first time the babies actually played together and really noticed each other. It was a blast watching them chase each other around, play with toys, and mimic each other's noises. Nathan is so adorable and such a boy. It is crazy to see the difference between boys and girls even at this young age. All of Ayda's friends here are girls so I have not really been around little boys. Two words: Destructive and Hungry! It cracked me up how Nathan would just plow through whatever was in his way, while Ayda would stop and figure out how to go around. And Nathan had a huge lunch but stood at the table begging for more of Jen's lunch. SO cute!
I am so glad we had a few hours of them being able to play together. Even with the distance I hope they can grow up being friends. Thanks for such a fun play date Nathan and Jen!!!
1 comment:
Ahhhh... we had so much fun!!! Nathan's Sunday School teacher put it perfectly, "Did you know he likes anything that rolls?" Ummmm.... YEAH! Glad he has a good friend who is a girl to keep him grounded!! :)
Post a Comment