I cannot believe that we are moving in two days. It is still just as bitter sweet as two months ago when we decided. But what still remains is the peace God gave us that this is the right decision. I am dreading saying good byes but looking forward to starting new relationships in Florida as well. Kevin is definitely ready to get things moving and is hoping to open his doors in November! So as we are getting things packed I am living in a constant state of clutter. And I do not like clutter at all!!!! Ayda has been a trooper walking around (or over) all the boxes. Amazingly she has not had any falls because of them. Our house is upside down! Kevin's mom arrived today and has already been a big help. Whether chasing after Ayda or putting stuff in boxes for us, the extra set of hands has been nice. We plan to load the truck tomorrow and pull out Saturday morning.
And since our place is a disaster I thought we would let Ayda try something new for dinner last night...
Her first bowl of food that she could tear into. And of course I picked a messy dinner, pasta with tomato sauce. But she LOVED it!! She went in with two hands and enjoyed every bite!!
Here are some pics of our place...
What used to be our eating area. Actually we just got rid of the table and chairs and I am thankful to have that extra bit of space to put stuff!
Our fire hazard of a bedroom. Let me just say if we had to get out fast tonight, it would not happen without some sort of injury. Might be safer to jump out the window at this point!
And...my special little helper!!! She crawled in the box and helped me "pack" some stuff up! So nice of her!
Our internet will get cut off tomorrow so I will post some pics of the move when we get to Florida and get the computer up and running again. Saturday will be a tough day as I leave Atlanta. I was born here, grew up here, got married, and had my baby here. It is a great city and I will miss it. I keep reminding myself though it is always easy to look back and be sad but you can't live life looking behind you. I am excited to look ahead to the opportunities and adventures Kevin and I are about to start. I know we will be fine. God has made that clear to us both. Saying good bye is never easy though. But with those good byes we have people in Florida that are excited to welcome us to Clermont. So for now I am signing off, putting my feet up, and watching some tv. It's been a long few days and it isn't over yet! Be back in a few days!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment