Friday, August 14, 2009

Officially in my late 20s

I have to say I had a most wonderful birthday yesterday! Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE my birthday! I used to start counting down 6 months before, but now with Kevin's birthday being almost exactly 3 months before mine I now count down from the day after his. Don't want to steal his thunder in any way! I'm nice like that!!! So anyway, yesterday was my day and it was perfect. Kevin arranged to have the whole day with me doing whatever we wanted. We went for a run with a friend of ours and her kiddos, lunch at my favorite place, hit golf balls with the clubs he got for me (and had a little lesson from him), nap time!, a wonderful dinner out sans baby, and then a little dessert party with my mom and Jim. It was busy but perfect! And by the end of the day I was sufficiently stuffed!!! Ayda had fun going with the flow and had a blast at my mom's house while we were at dinner. We even spent the night there so she could just go to bed at her normal time...which was bumped back 30 minutes because she and Grand-Pam were not done playing yet! Have I said the day was perfect?!?! It was!
Thanks to everyone who sent a card, called, text, etc. I am officially in my late 20s and could care less! This past year has been such a blessing becoming a mom, seeing Kevin graduate and pass boards, and begin this journey together of him starting his practice. I hope I never look at a birthday with dread (I can't imagine I ever will since I love them so much), but as a way to look back at the year and be thankful for health, love, happiness, lessons, and growth!

No comments: