Ayda and I hit the road again yesterday! Kevin is down in Florida checking out some possible places to set up camp for us so Ayda and I headed west for a couple days. I had offered to come lend a hand for my sister-in-law and brother. First we stopped at my best friend's house for lunch and spent time with her and her precious baby boy! We have tried several times to get the babies together for a play date and something always seems to happen. So we finally got them together and they had quite the stare down of each other! So funny. No pictures because Ayda decided to take a nap and then when she got up Nathan was ready for his. So typical!!!
Then we headed to my brother's house and Ayda got a good dose of stimulation for sure. She was a deer caught in headlights as she watched kids running around. Her cousins adore her though and it is so sweet to watch. Jack especially can't keep his hands off of her and gives her tons of kisses! Even Isabel gave Ayda a few pats on the tummy! I watched their three kiddos this morning and had Ayda while they went to a meeting. Let me say four kids four and under is interesting. I had Ayda in my arms because she screamed if I put her down, Isabel attempting to get up the stairs, Jack playing guitar, and Abby wanting to pack to go to Grand-Pam's house. It was awesome! I have a whole new appreciation for Allison's daily life. No wonder she is tiny. I think if I spent a week there I would lose my pregnancy weight in no time!!! We had a blast though and it was so good to spend so much time with the kids. It has been forever since I had good quality time with them. And Ayda took it all in and had fun too. So we are back home now and as Ayda is sleeping I am realizing how very quiet our house is. Soon enough there will be the sweet sounds of feet running on the floors, guitars playing, kiddy laughter, and more! But for now I am pooped and heading to bed! No pictures of this trip (though the camera made the trip). I never could figure out when or how to get any sort of picture. Perhaps next time!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment