Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! Usually I feel like it is Hallmark's way to make a lot of money but for some reason this year I was really in the spirit. Kevin and I enjoyed a nice dinner out last night (didn't feel like fighting crowds!) while Ayda stayed home with her Godparents, Josh and Kaitlin. It was nice to get away but I am always so happy to get home and scoop her up as well! She did great with Josh and Kaitlin though while we were out! Then today I got Ayda all dressed up in her V-day outfit! She was adorable. We only got to show it off at the post office and grocery store but that's ok! Tonight I cooked dinner for Kevin, Josh and Kaitlin and followed a tradition my mom always did when my brother and I were growing up. I made everything PINK!!! I was a fun meal! Then we all watched a chick flick just because. ha! So Kevin and I had fun today!!

Ayda fell asleep in her bath tub last night after we got home from our date! Clearly she had fun with Uncle Josh and Aunt Kaitlin!!!

She knows she is cute in her pink shirt and tights with hearts on it!!!

I could not get over the heart on the rear! So stinkin cute!!!

And for our Pink dinner (above) and dessert (below)! Even our ice cubes were pink!


PS-Keep praying for my brother! He got home from the hospital today. I know they are happy to be under one roof but he has lots of resting and recovering to do. It is so clear that his body went through so much the past few days. I'm just glad he is home with his family. His kids are his world so being away from them was difficult I'm sure. Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: