Tuesday, December 2, 2008

An update on...waiting...

Ok so it has been awhile since I last posted. Perhaps because I was hoping there would be a little one to introduce you to. But the little one has decided my uterus is a perfectly fine home and is staying put. I hit the 39 week mark yesterday so really I have one more week to go before officially being able to complain. BUT the 38th week proved to be quite uncomfortable and the 39th has not been any better. I am just praying the baby comes before the due date for my sanity but I am losing hope with each passing day.
So on a different note, Kevin and I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving here in Altanta. My brother's family came into town and it was so nice to have so much time with them. Usually our time with them and the kids is a quick day trip to Biringham or they come here for a visit and kevin and I are busy with previous obligations and can grab dinner. This weekend we had two full days with them. My youngest niece even let us play with her which was such a treat (she is usually glued to my sister-in-law's hip)! We followed tradition on Friday and mom, allison and I hit the mall at 5AM for some Black Friday festivities. Yes, at 39 weeks pregnant and no sleep I let the tradition live on. There was some hidden motivation that maybe all the walking would send me into labor, but instead I was completely exhausted and had swollen ankles at the end of the day!!! We had fun regardless! Then Saturday Kevin whipped up another one of his famous Turkeys!!! It was so yummy! So overall the weekend was wonderful and we are truly thankful for so much this year! Hopefully soon I will have pictures of our latest addition to the family!

No comments: