So far this month has proved to be the most challenging for us but we have made it through and it seems things will soon regain order. We finally have a new date set for Gracie's surgery, assuming her labwork is ok the second time around. We are on the books for February 26th. This will actually work out a lot better because I am off the day of her surgery and the day after. I can drop her off and get her with no problems. We will recheck her labs next friday to make sure things are ok again. She has not seemed to be in any pain so we stopped giving her the medication they gave us. The main issue is she is bored. Unfortunately there is not much we can do about that. Occasionally we will pull out the laser pointer and let her chase the red dot for a short time till she gets too hyper. Then she spends the next little bit looking around the apartment for it. Cheap entertainment for us though.
We have also come close to finding a new home for Dixie. Unfortunately she is regressing in her behavior and messing up in the house more and more. It came down to the final decision and I broke. Kevin and I are going to give her a little longer to try to help her shape up some. More attention, more walks, more whatever...try to see if she will respond to that. I hate the thought of giving her up!
And yesterday we celebrated V-day! It was nice...I was lucky enough to be off work and Kevin was able to skip out of his last class a few minutes early. So we enjoyed a nice evening together. It was a nice break in the week...he is gearing up for mid-terms and I had three very long days at work (one being I didn't leave till 9 at night) that left me exhausted. So the night out did us some good to catch our breath and just be together.
Other stuff is going on but this has gotten long enough. Things are moving along and we are taking it all in stride! Until next time...
1 comment:
Oh, the laser pointer...I miss that!! :-)
Post a Comment