I picked Gracie up at around 11 this morning. She was very excited to see me and leave that vet. She is definitely in some pain...she is about 10% of what she normally is. That is tough to see because she is usually so excited to play and romp around. Even when Kevin came home this evening she just looked at him from the cage. Usually she goes crazy in the cage, if she is in there, when he walks in. So for now, we are thankful she is calm because she wants to be in her cage and laying down...and that is what is required at this point. I was really upset about her new hair-do though. I'm a nurse so I know how surgeries go and the need for the sterile field, but really...is it that necessary to shave the entire leg and half of her back to do a 7 inch incision? Plus the two one inch squares on her front legs...IVs I suppose. Anyhow my mom made me laugh by saying "It's ok, now she has the NICU do". In our NICU we do sometimes have to start IVs in the baby's head (awful sounding I know), so we have to shave a little bit of their head to get it. So our kids have some crazy first hair cuts. And now I can say my pup would fit right in. Still sad! Anyway, things are good. Hopefully she will have a good night tonight with little pain.
Stay tuned...
1 comment:
Hi Seester--thank you for taking such good care of "The Bug". She's lucky to have a great Mommy and Daddy like you and Kevin!!
I love you!
Post a Comment