Saturday, March 1, 2008
The Night-time Guessing Game
Well we are day four post-op and doing well. She is still very low key. This afternoon was the first time she expressed any interest to get out of the cage other than to potty. Kevin let her sit next to him for about five minutes but then back to the cage with a new bone it was. She cried for a little while but is settled again now. However nights have become interesting. She is sleeping in our room so we can hear her if she needs anything. Thursday night Kevin was up with her for about an hour trying to figure out why she was crying. She had gotten her medicine and gone outside. He kept guessing and finally figured out she was thirsty. So once she had water she went to sleep. I slept through that one since i had to be at work friday. So last night he went to bed and I played the guessing game. I first tried water...she turned her nose up. Tried to take her out but she refused to get out of the cage. Finally I realized she was panting a little. So I cranked up the AC and within 20 minutes she was asleep. Meanwhile the rest of us were a little chilly. But whatever makes her comfy. So we will see how tonight goes. She is so good to tell us when she needs something though. We are thankful for that. More later...we have company coming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment