Three weeks ago she began showing me once again how strong she is. And how great a mom she is. She fell and broke her leg really bad (honestly...break is putting it lightly). She's been through 2 surgeries, numerous doctor appointments, and still can't really get off the couch (finally made it to her bed to sleep last night!) more than to go to the bathroom. Yet, her spirits are high, she is finding ways to laugh at things, and she is still smiling. I have been down to ATL to visit her twice since her fall. Each time it was such a blessing to serve her. For 29 years I feel she has served me in so many ways. To finally give back has been so important to me. To do something as simple as painting her toe nails because the surgeons just really messed them up! I hate seeing my mom like this and seeing her go through pain. I want so bad for the healing process to speed up, though her doctor says she is doing fabulously! But even with a long recovery, her strength still shines! I hope that I am to my girls what she has always been to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment