We made it to NC last week and are well on our way to getting settled in. I cannot stand boxes and clutter so I was determined to get a lot done this weekend. We have several boxes to go through but the stuff we need on a daily basis are unpacked and organized! The drive up was great. The girls didn't fuss at all and we made it in 9 hours. Kevin's parents and brother were here till Monday and helped with the packing the truck, driving, unpacking the truck and getting furniture where it needed to be. His mom kept us well fed and the girls received plenty of attention while I was unpacking boxes! All in all it was a smooth move.
Ayda started school yesterday and seems to like it. She was a little confused when we got to her school yesterday and she walked in and didn't recognize anyone. I think she understood it was a new school but she thought her same teachers and friends would be there too. They said she had a great first day (which was actually a half day because of snow...see below). She told me she did nothing. haha! She had a little more to say today after school. Though she still talks a lot about her teachers and friends in Florida and I know she misses them, I think she will transition well here.
And yes we have already had snow! I was so excited. I have missed the cold weather and up here they actually knew what to do with the snow on the roads. Growing up in ATL I hated snow because driving in it was terrible. Here the roads were treated and clear in no time. Taking to Ayda to school at 10 yesterday was a breeze and quite beautiful actually. There is still some on the ground today but most of it has melted. Hadley has enjoyed standing at our back door and looking out at it. And Ayda only likes to touch it with her finger. ha!
View from our front door.
Out our master bedroom window
Other way out our MB window.
Notice I didn't go outside to take the pics. They were all through the windows. With a temp of 15 I was quite content to stay inside!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment