We are so excited that we will welcome a new little member of our family into our lives in March! I am almost 13 weeks pregnant!!! This pregnancy has been SO very different from mine with Ayda. I have only thrown up twice (rather than about 6 times a day) and I have cravings I can't ignore!!! It also means instead of losing 8 pounds this trimester like I did with Ayda, I have gained 8 pounds. But I will take those 8 pounds happily because I have been able to pretty much manage the nausea and keep to a pretty normal routine. Ayda and I have definitely slowed down though. I beat myself up for a while about her watching too many movies (mainly my baby can read and baby einstein) but looking back as our schedule is filling back up I think will treasure those mornings snuggled in bed watching her movies or afternoons on the couch munching on apples or grapes. It was like she knew I was not 100% and she was content to slow down with me. But I am very grateful to feel like my energy is coming back little by little and we are taking off to the park, pool, playdates, music class, etc. It's nice to be out and about...just have to remember snacks for me and Ayda and we are both happy!
I had my midwife appointment today. We were waiting till this appointment to finally announce the pregnancy. People found out at 8 weeks with Ayda because I was a nice shade of green. It felt like forever to not say anything this long! My appointment went well! Everything looks perfect and we were able to hear the baby's heart beat with the doppler. We don't plan to do ultrasounds again with this pregnancy and hopefully we won't have to use the doppler again till I am in labor. It was still music to my ears when they finally found the sweet sound. Apparently my placenta is front and center which made it very tough for them to get past that and to the baby. That also means I probably won't feel kicking till later which is a bummer! But we'll see...maybe this baby will be crazy strong like Ayda and I'll feel it regardless. I felt the first kick from Ayda at 16 weeks and Kevin felt her at 17 weeks!
So we are very excited and I cannot wait to feel this little one inside me knowing God is knitting him/her (we feel it is a him!) together! My heart is full of joy!
2 comments:
Oooo, a boy to carry on family name. I can see Agon's smile already.
I have to say again that I am super excited for you! :-) I could actually see Elijah kicking me at 20 weeks...never know what will happen. :-)
Much love,
Marci
Post a Comment