Ayda had her first fever while we were visiting my mom in Atlanta. She woke up at 2AM fussing and I went to check on her. As soon as I touched her I knew she was pretty hot. As you probably know Kevin and I are very hands off when it comes to interventions. We don't want her to be uncomfortable but we also want to let her body fight whatever it is trying to fight. So I took her temp, nursed her, and put her back to bed. I will admit I was worried about her so I slept in the nursery with her. She slept till 7 and we began what ended up being a very slow, take it easy kind of day. She had gotten checked by our Upper Cervical Doctor the day before so I knew she was not subluxated. Kevin and I took turns holding and snuggling with her. And if you know Ayda you know she does not stop to snuggle, ever! And finally through the night her fever broke. She got up the next morning seeming to feel better, just not hungry. We didn't push it, we just let her tell us. And again we took it easy. By 4 AM the next morning, we had our lil pumpkin back...she was starving! We have been blessed to have a very healthy baby thus far. And now we know whatever she fought this week, her body will not have to fight as hard the next time. It was not easy watching her feel so crummy but we stuck to what we know and she was over whatever it was in 48 hours. As Kevin starts his practice encouraging other people to let the body do what it was designed to do, we were encouraged to see our own baby's body do just that.
She got lots of love from us and my mom all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment