Thursday, June 11, 2009

Catching up...

Ayda and I enjoyed the rest of our time at the beach! We got home yesterday and though we did have fun, we were both happy to get home. Ayda didn't sleep that well there so she slept great last night! She just seems relieved to finally be home! It is also wonderful to be back together as a family. Kevin went to my mom and step-dad's cabin for a few days. My step-dad ended up joining him and they had a nice "Man's Weekend". They played a couple rounds of golf, painted the deck, watched two of the NBA finals games, and relaxed. Kevin was in need to time to just chill and now he is ready to go full speed in setting up his practice. 
As for Ayda and me, we played on the beach some but Ayda really liked the pool. I know where I'll be many afternoons this summer. She had so much fun splashing and kicking in the water. We also took a walk on the beach in our friend Lainie's red wagon and Ayda LOVED it. She even fell asleep sitting straight up in the thing. So cute! So we had a nice vacation and are settling back into our routine now.
I am also a little late posting Ayda's six month picture with Tommy the Monkey! She had an exciting month once again. We are still on the move and can now go from sitting to crawling/crawling to sitting. Kevin and I are relieved with this milestone because she bumps her head a lot less now! She also started eating some food...finally. She has not refused anything I have offered. I am still not giving her too much because I want her main nutrition to come from me. She seems satisfied and judging by the pictures you can see she is gaining weight quite well! She is so much fun and has quite the bubbly personality. We watch in amazement as she explores this crazy world we live in! It's awesome!
Enjoy the pics!!!
Playing in her Happy Hippo on the beach!
Leigh Ann, Lainie, Lauren, Ayda and me! Girl's weekend
Lainie and Ayda hanging out in the wagon. Ayda LOVED that thing!
Completely content to stay in the wagon. Such a girly girl...she didn't like the sand or water. The wagon was nice and clean for her. Love it!
Splash Splash in the pool
I love this picture because when Ayda was 3 weeks old a Lactation Consultant told me she had a tongue tie...um yea sure! Looks like it to me! haha
Bath time with Aunt Lauren is so silly and funny!
Leigh Ann and Lainie at dinner for Leigh Ann's birthday
"A" is for Ayda
Playing on the monkey bars...so silly
Riding her first Merry-Go-Round! She was really just mesmerized by the horse's ear. Glad it was not real!
Me and my sweet girl!
Ayda crawled under this table one morning and just looked out the window for about 15 minutes. Not exactly sure what she was watching...probably the palm trees blowing. Sounds relaxing to me
More pool time fun!

Such a big girl!
And finally...Tommy the Monkey and Ayda for the 6 month picture! She is getting so big so fast!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love the pics! She is so precious! Nathan and I miss you and her tons!