Wednesday, April 29, 2009

thoughts...

It's only wednesday...this week has gone so slow. Work is different now. There is a hole that Terri left. I am struggling with grasping the fact she is gone. I want to be in denial but I have to face it. I lost my precious Grandfather a little over a month ago. His death was so different than this. He had time to say goodbye. Time for closure. Not to say his death was not hard on me but I felt ready. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Terri. Our unit is a family. We surround each other with love and support during good times and bad. It's hard with this because we are all grieving. The nurses, doctors, practitioners, social workers, dieticians, even some families. The sadness comes and goes for me. I'll be fine for a while and then it hits me again. Her funeral is Saturday. I hope get some kind of closure from that. My heart hurts for her family and for losing a friend.
Anyway, hate to have a debbie downer post. I needed to get things off my mind some and this is where I put most things anyway.
On a happy note...I caught Ayda today on her forearms and up on her knees today. So help me if she starts crawling anytime soon! She is wild (dad and lori...I thought you would be safe to not child proof before June but she may have other plans!).
Please continue to keep the Wade family in your prayers. And the NICU family as well. Thanks

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't imagine if something like that were to happen on our unit. I know exactly what you mean about being a family - that is how I feel every day. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to hear about this!