Saturday, January 3, 2009
Whew...
That word is the only one I can come up with to sum up the past couple weeks. I promise to post some pictures soon. It has been a little busy and I can't seem to get on the computer long enough to download them. However for a quick update...We made a trip down to Florida to spend Christmas with Kevin's whole family. His sisters and their families were in town, as well as his cousin. There was a total of 13 of us in one house. We played games and hung out which was nice. I had not spent much time with his sister, Sherry, and her family so I loved being able to do that. It was a little difficult being out of our element with a two week old but we made it and had lots of hands to help! Unfortunately on our trip I developed Mastitis. Honestly the worst thing I have experienced in a while. I ran a 103 degree temp for about 18 hours but was able to avoid antibiotics and my body took care of the infection. We did have to cut our trip short by a day to get me home to see our Chiropractor. No place like home when you are sick too! And so we had to feed Ayda every 2 hours, I had to put warm packs on me with feeds, pump, rest (not an easy task), etc. It was crazy for a couple days but we made it. And now I am back to normal, just more tired than I was just being a new mom. Kevin has been wonderful taking care of me and Ayda so that I can recover. He also drove the whole way home from Florida while I was passed out in the backseat with Ayda. And in the midst of all this we decided to get control of our house. It was not a dirty place to live, just unorganized. And by adding one member to the family we had lost control. So we got someone to come help us learn how to organize the place. It was amazing to see our house transform into something of order and a new sense of clean. We are still working on it but I am excited to have it finished! So 2008 ended with a bang in our house. And we are excited to see what 2009 holds. Hopefully a great job for Kevin, most likely a move for our family, and who knows what for me as far as a job. Ayda we know will have quite a year of firsts and we are so excited for that. She will be a month old tomorrow...hard to believe! Well I am going to bed. Gotta sleep when the baby sleeps, right? I'll get some pics from Christmas and such up soon! Happy New year to our readers! We wish you the best as we all begin another year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now that you've got a CD, there's no excuse for no pictures! :-) I'm just kidding. You just had a baby a few weeks ago...that's the excuse to take your time!!!
Love you guys, and it was great to see you today,
al
glad you're feeling better!!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment