Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kevin's 10K on Labor Day

Kevin had quite the Labor Day this year. About a month ago he decided to sign up for the US 10K Classic here in Atlanta. He started his training right away and was very diligent about running everyday. He only took one day a week off to rest. He quickly went from running about 2 miles to 5 miles within that month of training. So we got up at 6AM Monday and heading for the starting line. I was able to see him start the race but missed him finish since they didn't provide the transportation they said they would have. I was so bummed and stood in the parking lot of a mall waiting for a shuttle to take me to the finish line. Kevin on the other hand made it to the finish line in 1 hour 10 minutes! His goal was simply to finish the race but I knew he would do great! And he did!!! I was so proud! And now in true Kevin fashion he has decided to sign up for and run a Half Marathon on December 27th...yup this year! He will begin that training and I know he will get it done! My goal is to have this baby and then maybe run a 10K next Labor Day...we shall see! Below are a few pictures I took of the event! Yes I was the crazy wife out there with the camera taking tons of pictures of the hubby! I was just so excited.
The rest of Labor Day was nice as well. We came home and got ready for people to come over for a cook out. We love having our friends over and it was a wonderful time of community with them. All in all in was a great day!


About 7:00AM before the race started at 7:45


The sign on the bridge that is up for a while before the big day!

Jordin Sparks sang the National Anthem. I was able to get really close and take pictures!


The MASS of people running. Kevin is in there somewhere!


YAY! I made it to the finish line 30 minutes after him but was so excited to see him!!!


His congrats poster! It was from me, our "Lil Monkey", and Gracie

1 comment:

Allison Lewis said...

Hooray for Kevin!! I'm so proud of you. And Bok, my goal after having Abby was to get back in shape and run to the mailbox and back...so hats off to you. :-)
I love you and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.
--al