Friday, May 23, 2008
Gracie Update
With all the excitement of a little one on the way I have not posted anything on Miss Gracie! She is doing fantastic. You would never know she had surgery a few months ago and her rediculous hair-do is much improved. We are technically still supposed to have her in the cage majority of the time but have actually decided it is worse if she is in there. When we let her out she is bouncing off the walls. So we have actually started testing how she does with some freedom. When she lived with my brother and sister-in-law she had a history of eating lanoleum (sp?), being quite destructive, etc when they were gone. Her vet at the time diagnosed her with "Seperation Anxiety". Kevin never knew this side of her so he has had this idea for awhile. I on the other hand do know that side and delayed us trying anything. However, she has done very well. She gets on the guest bedroom bed and looks out the window. Then when we get home she greets us at the door. She has done great and we can tell she enjoys not having to be in the cage all the time. Our goal is to completely graduate from the crate and break it down. We need space for the baby. I am afraid though it will be difficult cause she still goes in there to chill sometimes. I am afraid she will miss it. So...overall she is doing great. It is nice not having to watch her every move anymore. We are hopeful that this surgery will last and the other leg will stay strong and not need the same thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
For the sake of your wallets, I pray that Gracie doesn't decide to devour your kitchen floor like she did in our first apartment! :-) It sounds like she's doing wonderfully, and again, I'm so glad that she has such great parents!!
Post a Comment